Ask our Doctors a Question
This is a Non Urgent Service. Your query will be responded to in the next business day.
This service provides advice only and WILL NOT provide any of the following:
- A prescription for any medication.
- A referral to see a specialist or obtain a scan.
- Sickness or Fit for work medical certificates.
The information that you provide is covered by the same patient-doctor confidentiality as in a normal face to face consultation.
This service is suitable for you if:
- You are over 18 years old.
- Ask one clear question per online consultation about yourself.
This service is not suitable:
- For medical emergencies (e.g. head injuries, profuse bleeding, broken bones, breathing difficulties, chest pain, sudden severe weakness, etc.). If you have a medical emergency you should contact Emergency Services on 112 or 999.
- If you feel you will do harm to yourself or have suicidal thoughts we urge you to contact your local GP, a family member, friend or work colleague. The Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123. Pieta House provide suicide and self-harm support services all over Ireland.
Dr. Sylvester Mooney
BSc, LRCS & PI, MB, BCh, BAO, DObs, DCH, DFSRH(RCOG)